Sunday, November 15, 2009

My 99 Word Testimony

In church today, we were challenged to write our story down and to keep it under 100 words. To someone as wordy as me, that was a challenge! After several cross-outs and restarts, here it is, with one word to spare.

One year ago this week, my life was at a crossroads. My abusive 13-year marriage had fallen apart, I was forced into bankruptcy/home foreclosure and had to find a new church home.

I had been a Christian for 16 years on the day I clearly heard God tell me to let go of my old life and come toward Him in complete faith. I have been blessed with peace,love,forgiveness and happiness beyond measure ever since.

I did nothing to deserve this. I only stepped forward in obedience and the nudge I felt within.


I was also thinking today about what a gift it is to laugh again. When I was growing up, I was known to be goofy, often laughing until the tears poured out and my stomach hurt. That is a part of who I am, and it has been returned to me. I don't think I laughed like I have in the past year during my entire marriage when I was merely living in survival mode. God wants so much more for us than that! I am ALIVE again and I want to shout that from the rooftops!

Psalm 126:2
Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, "The LORD has done great things for them."

No comments:

Post a Comment