Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's Fun to Be A Holy Roller!

This past Friday night, I went to a Phillips, Craig & Dean concert with nine friends. The comment was jokingly made by a co-worker a few days earlier that going to a Christian concert meant I was now a Holy Roller. That's fine by me! I have never had so much fun in my life.

It's an unfortunate misconception that being Christian means being personality challenged and dull. On the contrary, I feel I am a much more interesting, loving and outgoing person since I have allowed the light of Christ to shine from the inside out. And talk about fun! My calendar is full of upcoming events, from concerts to dinners to service work and everything in between.

Getting drunk on the weekends as a teenager? Being seriously depressed off and on for 20 years? Being so shy and socially anxious (believe it or not) that I could count my friends on one hand and still have fingers left over? I guess these things used to be fun to me but they are not anymore.

My challenge now is to realize that far more people still live in the place I once was and not to become so giddy in my Christian world that I forget to include them. My prayer for the upcoming week is that God will push me toward the hurting or people I may not otherwise feel comfortable with and allow me the great privilege of representing Him.

Matthew 5:16
16In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment